Well hello end of 2011and nice to meet you 2012! Just like that people, we are charging in to the new year which has had me pondering, like many, what changes I might like to make this year. I have the habitually rooted on the list items like eat better, lose 30 pounds, exercise 30 minutes every day. All really important and all continuously challenging for me. I wanted to look at things a little bit differently though this year. Maybe have a “theme” for the year and the word that kept coming to me is not one I think of all that often so one I want to pay attention to:
- Nourish others and self as talked on above.
- Take more time off. I’m thinking at least one three day weekend a month and some full weeks too. I tend to stick too close to work — I enjoy it and its that kind of job that is tough to get a break from — but I’m going to try and push away a bit more this year.
- Explore new and creative pursuits. I’ve been trying to do more of this this past year but I have some fun things in mind this year mostly around taking cultural type classes and trying new hobbies at home.
- Be bold! My idea of this is trying out things that might “scare” me a bit. Like, don’t go laughing now, but spending a day at the “naked ladies spa”, getting a bra fitting, trying Reiki. Maybe I’ll cut my hair this year or get my cards read. Whatever it is if I find it “scares” me a little I plan to consider it.
- Get moving. I fall short on diet and exercise resolutions but maybe I can do better with something “kinder” like “get moving more.” No have-to’s connected to this just the plan to take the stairs, park farther away, walk the dog in the rain, that sort of thing and, yes, hopefully, get myself back to some regular exercise as well.
- Declutter. We’ve been working on this but this year if a box comes into the house with anything in it, it leaves the house full and headed to Goodwill. One thing in — two out. And I also plan to have someone come and feng shui our house this year too. I’ve been interested in this for a long time. This is my year for it.
- Be more mindful about food. Not just about calories but where its from and the quantities of it. Less and less meat, less sugar, fewer carbs, more organics, more green tea — all the basics. I’d say serve more home cooked meals but I’m trying to be honest and real here about what is most likely. For me, that ship might have left port for good.
- Less TV, more writing. I have ideas so many ideas, and I’m so close to done with my Christmas themed book — I just need to work on them. In fact, I’ve set a launch date for South Pole Santa: 10/11/12. Hold me to it!
- Last but not least, I have plans for changes to my blog. You know how much I enjoy it so I’m treating myself to working with a designer early in the year to give it its own unique look and add some new features. I’m way overdue on getting that done. Plus, I have some ideas I’m kicking around for a new blog more business theme related. Maybe I’ll get somewhere with that.