- Summer has arrived! We only get a couple of weeks every year that are really hot so I try not to complain about them. I’ve never seen so many people heading to the beach by us as I did yesterday!
- We have a basement! It’s at least ten degrees cooler than the rest of the house. Plus Glen put in a window air conditioner in the bedroom for us so that helps a bunch too.
- Rainier cherries! I’ve been making myself really sick on them. : )
- Happy anniversary to Glen and me! Unbelievably we said our “I do’s” on a cloudy, rainyish summer day 32 years ago! 7/8/78. The first ten years took a long time and the rest have gone flying by. We made a good choice and I honestly am happier married now than ever. I am certain Glen would say the same.
- Generous sisters! My sisters joined together to treat mom and dad and Glen and me to a night out at Teatro Zinzanni the craziest dinner theater anywhere. It is always a ton of fun and a real treat that I know we’re all going to love tonight.
- Good friends! We had a fun dinner out Tuesday with Diana and her sister Poppy at a new place in Everett called Dave’s Barbeque. We gave it a 5 out of 10. The atmosphere is really fun but the service was just okay and the food was average. We tend to give all franchise type places “5s or 6s” – Red Robin, Applebees, Olive Garden, etc. They’re always very popular but we like the mom and pop kind of places better and we love food that isn’t mass produced. But the company was excellent and it was fun to catch up with Poppy. (She works for Disney and trapezes as a workout! This never ceases to amaze me.)
- Good books! I just finished Her Fearful Symmetry by the author of The Time Traveler’s Wife. I didn’t like it much. Which I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by since I didn’t like The Time Traveler’s Wife much either. They both are just too absurd for my brain (which makes little sense since I love a good sci-fi book) and neither of them had satisfactory endings. However, I did also finish “The Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest” and thought that was a much better book. Good twists and turns clear to the end.
- Good treats! Check out these new products from Pillsbury when you get a chance. We got a chance to preview the Good Eats! product when we were at the Bake-Off and they are a nice little tasty treat to keep in your fridge. And the new Simple cookies are really good! I won’t go so far as to say they are good for you but they do focus on all-natural ingredients and contain no additives or high fructose corn syrup.
Get out and find your piece of shade. Celebrate the day! Hot as it might be it will be gone before we know it.