I’m lovin’ on this pre-Christmas day. Wonder and promise are in the air and I am off work for four days! What a combo! Some random thoughts this morning:
- First, still looking for a last-minute gift for someone and completely stumped? Go get one of these for them! It’s a memory foam bath mat and we love it. Mom and dad got it for us as an early gift and its the best bath mat ever. You step out of the shower on to this nice cushion, your toes sing out — and its washable too. Perfect gift. In fact, if you don’t get one for Christmas : ) then head out to the mall after and get one of these “from me to me.”
- What do you think about the cool new trend that people are paying off Kmart layaway bills? I love it! What a cool action people are taking — I wish I had thought of it. One guy paid off $15,000 worth of layoffs! Fantastic random act of kindness example.
- I haven’t had one stressful moment this season. We started early and have had a perfect balance of “git r done” and “go have fun.”
- Today, gift deliveries are on our list. Glen’s getting off at noon and then we’re “gettin’ our sleigh on.” : )
- Christmas time prayers going out to our wonderful friends and relatives in Idaho. Bea fell and broke her hip last week and fortunately for all of us, she’s a spunky one and already on the road back to good health. Michelle, someone we adore ever since spending a day on horseback with her (and not walking for a week afterward without some muscle screaming!), lost her mom last week after a long illness. And Clancy, a smiler and good guy likely from the day he was born, is beating down a cancer re-occurrence. We’re looking for some end-of-year doses of healing here and comfort for Michelle.
- I’m thinking a long winter’s walk is on the agenda today and a good soak in the hot tub with carols playing loud in the background. oh yea.
What’s on your list of Christmas Eve Eve delights today? It’s full on holly jolly, ho ho ho time! Get your Santa on!