- Today marks a month until the Royal Wedding. I remember with great fondness the wedding of Princess Diana and whats-his-name (not a fan!) I watched it with my gram who loved all things royal. It was covered in the middle of the night over here as I recall and set off a fondness for all things Diana in me for a long time. How could she not be proud of the men her boys have grown up to be? I am hoping William and Kate’s marriage ends up being everything Diana had dreamt for her own.
- I spent part of my weekend working some Pillsbury Bake-Off ideas. They were desserts and even Glen didn’t want to eat them. Okay, fine. I’ll be sticking to the main dish category.
- We had sunlight the last few days and, even better, sunset has been close to 8:00! That seems crazy how fast it has turned around. I am already loving the longer days.
- I should be embarrassed to show this picture but check out all the stuff I have jammed in my purse! No wonder the sucker is ridiculously heavy.
- I have been on an “eat out of the freezer and pantry” kick lately and have done pretty good bringing the food levels down and making decent meals. Lots of soup but some other good meals too. Last night we had veggie pasta with stuffed sole. Not bad.
- Glen has reviewed another fine chocolate bar. This time he’s weighing in on a Seattle Chocolates Rainier Cherry Dark Chocolate Truffle Bar. He gives it a “mostly” thumbs up. It’s a little dark for his taste and not as delicious as he was expecting — and it was $3.29 — “high for a small bar.” On the positive side though, he liked the melt in your mouth, smooth chocolate and the crunchy truffle middle. Most of all, he loves the excuse to buy and eat chocolate. More chocolate on top of the chocolate he eats everyday I mean.
- For the longest time, I was the biggest fan of Alaska Airlines so its with true sorrow that I let you know we are parting ways. They have made it so hard to use your miles and tacked on so many fees that I just don’t see the point in our loyalty. We plan to continue to use them — but not exclusively like we do now whenever possible and not without shopping the options. I know none of the airlines are a “joy ride” anymore but we need to take a break. I even ordered us new credit cards that get us miles on any airline as a sign of my true commitment to this change. Any suggestions on a better airline to profess my loyalty to?
March 30, 2011 By 1 Comment