Here I’ve been all chatty on book-related items again but other significant things have been happening that insist on some catching up.
Like, besides the party this past weekend, and Jimmy Buffett and the book coming out:
· We got time with Anita, our kid from Philly, who we got to have home here in the Pacific Northwest for a few days. Such a great catch-up! She came over early on Friday to help me set up and help me with some computer related things plus she and Tea stayed over that night and we all had a slow wake up the next morning (the girls were out till after 2!)
· Saturday evening was more fun at Brie and Kyle’s bachelor/bachelorette parties! I really can’t bring you all the pictures on this G rated blog but do know they were full-on fun parties. Brie looked stunning that night and us girls had a great time together raunching it up a bit. Plus, as a fun bonus, her new stepmom-in-law-to-be brought in a card reader for us all to spend some time with and she predicted I would be in the money soon! Woo-hoo! Who doesn’t want that good reading? Best seller or lotto winnings? I’m good either way.
· Sunday morning we had to bid adios to my parents as they were headed south for their home in Arizona, so we used some of the party leftovers and transformed them in to tasty brunch food. That afternoon, the rest of us – Toby, Corrine, Brian, Jeff, Joyce, Glen, me – piled into two cars and headed down to Seattle to the Ballard Locks. Super fun! Ridiculously, having grown up here, I don’t remember when I’ve done this before. The locks in Seattle let boats go from the bay to the higher elevation Lake Union and you get to watch the boats make the transition from one to the other. Really fun, free, thing to do.
· But our fun was still not over! From there we headed to Ray’s Boathouse for a very fun Sunday night dinner with all of us plus Toby’s brother Tim, his significant other, Ann and two of their best friends. It made for 11 of us at a back table for a delicious, fun dinner together. I love those kind of get-togethers. The topper was that Tim and Toby treated! So so nice of them.
- And last but not least, tonight we went through a quick rehearsal for Brie and Kyle’s wedding next weekend. Glen is the officiant, the location is stunning and the ceremony is going to be special and intimate. Both the bride and groom looked stunning were glowing tonight despite the fact that its been a tough week with Brie’s grandma dying on Monday. She and Rick and Tamy were holding up. I loved getting the chance to squeeze on them all. After the rehearsal, Rick and Tamy treated the six of us to a delicious dinner. I had sea scallops that were yum-o. A very special evening with very special friends. (I’ll add these pics in tomorrow since I’ve completely misplaced my camera tonight.)
Whew, a whole bunch of good stuff! What a month.