Okay, I know this is going to sound crazy and may even be too much information to share here, but I spent today feeling like I was going to throw up. It’s not a bad case of the flu or something I ate it’s been caused by terror.
Holy smokes, my book is now available on Amazon and the wave of sheer fright that hit me today with that announcement caught me a little off guard. It’s all well and good to talk about a project and create something you enjoy doing but putting it out there for your friends and family and co-workers and well, all of you, dear readers, to actually read is a whole ‘nother thing! Terrifying really. Bone-shaking terrifying.
I guess it’s good it came out now since it sure goes with well with this Halloween season. I’ve had several perfectly timed reminders lately that anything worth doing is worth being a little scared about so I guess this is my dive off the deep end of the pool without my floatees on. I talk a good game on “c’mon y’all, get on out there and try something new and scary . . .” but I mean you all. I don’t think I ever really meant me exactly.
Still, once again, there’s my village there to shore me up today, send me nice words of encouragement, already order the book and share the news with their own peeps on facebook and the like. I ask you, everyone, how can you not love that?
So let me start this again with how a healthy, non-paralyzed-suddenly-with-performance-fear, person would have started this post:
MY BOOK IS ON AMAZON!! TELL EVERYONE!! THIS IS HUGE!!
Indeed, for better and worse, my baby was born yesterday, and it’s a bright, bouncy, 233 page book! It took way more time than the normal nine months and I named the baby, The Search for South Pole Santa. I am proud to share that it is a book about kindness and a story that I hope you find fun and engaging, that adds on to our old treasured Santa tales. It is a story close to my heart and I did my best on it. It’s a story I hope will add a bright spot of light to the wonderful season of Christmas.
So now that the book is out, I need to kick into creative ways to promote it far past all of you fabulous people. To that end, I’m sharing here what I boldly asked my friends and family members who came to the book celebration party last week and would appreciate your help with in any way that is comfortable for you:
“Thanks so much for your support of my adventure in fiction writing – a far more winding, up and down road than I ever imagined! I’ve already asked so much of many of you but here I am asking again. Now that the book is out, I would love it if:
· You would post something on your facebook page about the book for your friends. It doesn’t have to even be an endorsement if that makes you uncomfortable but could be as simple as “Check out this new Christmas book one of my friends just finished. It’s available on Amazon.com now just in time for Christmas giving. Looks like a great stocking stuffer.” And/or you could post the link to the book on amazon.com.
· You ordered one from Amazon.com! http://www.amazon.com/The-Search-South-Pole-Santa/dp/1479263559/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351131279&sr=8-1&keywords=jinglebelle+jackson
· If you get time to read it — and enjoy it — it would be hugely helpful if you could leave a comment on the Amazon.com site in support of it. I need reviews to attract buyers that aren’t friends or family! (However, if you feel it warrants only one or two stars, it would be great if you just passed on this request. )
· While you are “visiting” the Amazon site, there is a small “Like” button right below the book title at the top of the page. Honestly, until I started learning about Amazon, I hadn’t ever really noticed it. Simply clicking that Like button, while you are on the page, helps me work on getting Amazon’s attention – and get better positioning on lists.
· Do you know anyone “important” or with “influence”? If so, if you just happen to leave a copy of the book behind at their fabulous Christmas party you attend, or some such kind of thing, well that sure would be a lovely “happenstance.” Getting the book bought by bunches of people and noticed by influencers is what can best lead to Cassandra starring in a made-for-TV, ABC Family Christmas movie! My fun, big, whomping, dare-to-dream goal.:)
· Lastly, I have a new facebook page under Author JingleBelle Jackson. It would be fabulous if you “liked” the page and helped me look popular.:) (I also have a jinglebellejackson.com web site where you can follow that blog on things Christmas related but I’ve already asked for too much!:))”
Alright, I think that’s it on the big audacious book announcement for this minute. Be assured, it being a Christmas-themed book, that me chattering on about it can only go on for a couple of months so things will revert to normal eventually.
Ultimately, I’m proud of it and I think even excited. I’ll have to think a little more on that thought when I can quit feeling sick!