Well Anita and I had another super busy day today at our conference while Tea got to go shopping at the giant Macy’s on 34th Street. All in all, another perfect day in NYC.
There were several high points to our line-up today:
- Katie Couric was the featured speaker at our lunch session and she was truly pretty dang fabulous. She has such a combination of savvy, smarts, sincerity and enthusiasm going for her. Plus she has a rockin figure and a ready smile. I think the whole room really enjoyed her.
- Do you know Katie is now 55? She doesn’t seem anything close to that in her demeanor and attitude. In fact, she sums up perfectly the term “aging young” — exactly what I hope to do. She was a perfect speaker to hear right after I came out of a session about blogging past 40. It had the fewest attendees of any session I attended but I honestly liked it the most. It was full of inspirational women with talent, thoughtfulness, energy and opinions. I really loved listening to the whole conversation and hope to be part of an on-going facebook circle with many of them.
- We also heard a panel with Soledad OBrien, Christy Turlington and Maalak Compton Rose. Soledad, as you may know, is a reporter on CNN; Christy was a super model and Maalak is married to Chris Rock the comedian. They hand some problems staying focused and presenting, surprisingly, but they are women doing some wonderful things for children through their non-profits. It struck me today listening to them that in my dream world, overseeing a non-profit would be a great use of time and dollars.
- We got to attend a fashion show! I thought it was great fun. 6pm presented a wide variety of fashions along with Pet Smart who put really cute four-legged fur balls in some cute costumes as well.
- And we ended our long day with another walk down to Times Square, which we all love, where we headed to a French restaurant and had crepes for dinner that Anita treated us to. Delish and so nice of her. At midnight the place was packed and hot — and a blast!
Tomorrow we are getting up and heading for a morning in Central Park. Can’t wait! We all can wait though to say goodbye. Darn it if the time has not flown. The shuttle picks Tea and I up around 2:30 and Anita will head for the bus station. None of us are ready to go to work Monday. We were just getting into the groove of this whole vacation in the big city thing! And, as it turns out, we’re really good at it!