It’s summertime and the livin is . . . busy! Besides fighting bad traffic and getting treated to good food and good music last night , there are other bits and pieces of news to share.
- First, SURPRISE! Look what was at my back door tonight after work! It pays in big boxes of little bags of chips to be a Pillsbury Bake-Off finalist! Seriously, how cool of Pillsbury/General Mills to send all the Bake-Off finalists these big boxes of their new Baguette Chips to try out, share with friends and family and get creating new recipes with! I predict these are going to be popular. They taste great and have 50% less fat than potato chips. oh yea! Thanks again Pillsbury!
- My parents are off for way too much fun on an Azkamara European Cruise tomorrow morning. Lucky! They are touring parts of Scotland, England and France for sure and there may be some other cool countries thrown in that I’ve forgotten about. Miss you already mom and dad! Be safe but get out there and have way too much fun!
- I myself leave for New York City a week from today! Can’t believe it’s nearly here at last and Tea and I are going to get some face-to-face time with our Philly girl, Anita, at last. Overdue!
- We are enjoying a rare guest appearance from Glen’s brother this week! He’s up for a nice long visit with us and Glen’s in his glory. Now he has someone to keep him busy while I’m out of town next week. J It really is a great thing. He rarely gets good one-on-one time with any of his siblings and is especially close with Jeff.
- And he’s here just in time for a bunch of fun this weekend! Saturday my sister, Lor and bil, Darryl, are throwing the party of parties out at their place! Woo-hoo! Gonna be a blast. Most guests probably will not appreciate how hard they had to work to be ready for this event. I know from talking to Lor last night that their backyard is STILL under production so it’s gonna be close! No matter what though I already know it’s going to be the best party of the year. They always are the best hosts. Of course, you can count on me for the pics and the details.
- As part of that big shindig, Heart of Gold will be performing! I always love outdoor music and I especially love it when it features the band my guy and our good friends perform in. Doesn’t get much better.
- Lastly, for this moment, the Olympics start Friday! We’re big fans and I think Jeff is an even bigger fan so the three of us should be having a great time all week while he’s here.
Okay, so two postings in one evening! Hope we’re friends again. : )