Random thoughts in no particular order:
- Happy Birthday to my wonderful friend Tina!
- Today Tina and I spent the morning together working on figuring out what is wrong with her eyesight. She had to see a super duper specialist for some uncomfortable tests and I was her driver. The tests were not quite as gruesome as she feared and now we just wait for the diagnosis. Think good thoughts!
- While I waited, I started the book Wild by Cheryl Strayed which is quite good already. This is an Oprah Book Club recommendation about a young woman that lost and found herself on the long Pacific Crest Trail. In the first chapter she loses her mom to a vicious cancer and feels so lost. I understand that inherently. Mom’s are so important.
- I was thinking with great affection in fact, how when we were little, we would go on long road trip vacations — usually camping. The three of us girls rode in the backseat and I know this may shock many of you, but often times we would fight. Bad girls! I was especially awful to take on a road trip since I was prone to car sickness and spoiled many a trip. Today though I’m not thinking on that, I’m thinking fondly instead on how smart my mom was. Every day for every car trip, mom got some kind of fun surprise for us girls. Sometimes it was coloring books, sometimes stickers, silly toys, comic books — nothing was ever big but they kept us busy and we looked forward to them. Honestly, thinking back on it with huge affection even now, I think it was brilliant.
- And speaking of days gone by, while I was cleaning the garage yesterday, I came across several things from long ago that I’ve hung on to without reason. One of them is this box of flower power flowers. Anyone else remember these? Creepy crawlers maybe? These were made from the same muck as you made creepy crawlers but you got to make flowers instead. I still love this box of them.
- Yesterday I made great strides on getting our garage cleaned and organized. Not completely done yet, but close. I tried hard to be vicious with things and got rid of anything we weren’t using or weren’t thrilled with it. Naturally, I expect to need all of those things now within the week since that is the way of the world!
- Have you seen the movie “Mirror, Mirror” starring Julia Roberts? It was a retelling of Snow White. Glen and I watched it on On Demand last night and my review of it would be: “peculiar.” Best movie ever if you are watching it for the costumes because they were stupendous. But the redone plot was just plain odd. Like it was done different simply to be different with no regards to whether it was better or not.
- I am still working through this really awful cold. I think it came back on me full-on. Now, just in case a raw, red, nose isn’t attractive enough, I believe I am adding a sty into the mix. So annoying!
- Lastly, what do you think of my dragon picture? It’s my tribute painting to the people of Japan after the tsunami last year. I’m kind of happy about it because I did it on my own. It has loads of flaws, looks far better from a long ways away then it does up close, but I drew and painted it on my own. tah-dah!
Late-breaking add-on! Lookee, lookee what the delivery guy just brought me from my good guy! I am waaaaay too spoiled.